Last updated on May 4th, 2023 at 01:09 am
I’ve never met a potato I didn’t like (ok, love) and with good reason. Who doesn’t love crispy, flavorful roasted potatoes? They’re a classic side dish that goes well with just about anything. And when you add some grated parmesan cheese into the mix, it takes things to a whole new level of yumminess. The crispy exterior and tender interior of these potatoes pair perfectly with the nutty, salty flavor of the parmesan. Trust me, once you try these roasted parmesan potatoes, they’ll become a regular in your dinner rotation!
Roasting potatoes is one of the simplest and most delicious ways to cook them. The process of roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the potatoes while giving them a satisfying crunch on the outside. And when you add some parmesan cheese into the mix, you get an extra layer of flavor that complements the potatoes perfectly.
To make roasted parmesan potatoes, all you need are a few simple ingredients like potatoes, butter, parmesan cheese, and some herbs and spices. I always use Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic seasoning, and their Ranch Dressing Mix, a clean-label ranch mix with no yucky stuff, is da bomb! With these potatoes, I cut them in half and then crosshatched them about halfway through to be able to sort of do that “pom pom” style — without the extra calories and grease of frying them.
The end result is a side dish that’s sure to impress your family and friends. Whether you’re serving them alongside a hearty roast, grilled chicken, or a vegetarian dish, these roasted parmesan potatoes are a versatile and delicious addition to any meal. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try, and get ready to enjoy some seriously tasty potatoes!
Roasted Parmesan Pom-Pom Potatoes
- 8 each russet potatoes medium sized
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbsp Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Tastefully Simple Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 tsp Tastefully Simple Seasoned Pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Fresh Grated divided into 3/4 c and 1/4 c
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Cut potatoes lengthwise in half
- Cross-hatch the potatoes about halfway through each half, cutting each direction, so that the potatoes can absorb the yumminess when roasting
- Melt stick of butter in a 9×13 pan in microwave for 1 minute
- Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the butter and 3/4 of a cup of the Parmesan Cheese
- Put potato halves face down in the butter, brush butter on tops and sprinkle remaining 1/4 c of parmesan cheese on top
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes (25 minutes if the potatoes are on the small side